This project focuses on Android’s permission model. More specifically, we examine how developers apply Android permission privileges in their applications (apps). We look at permission smells in apps and the developers that are responsible for introducing these smells. Additionally, we look at the perception of the permission model by app users.
- Who Added That Permission to My App? An Analysis of Developer Permission Changes in Open Source Android Apps
- Investigating User Perception and Comprehension of Android Permission Models
- Providing an Experiential Cybersecurity Learning Experience through Mobile Security Labs
- Understanding the Relationship between Quality and Security: A Large-Scale Analysis of Android Applications
- An Empirical History of Permission Requests and Mistakes in Open Source Android Apps
- Permission Issues in Open-Source Android Apps: An Exploratory Study